The Advantages of Steel Construction Homes
Steel homes are the choices of millions these days since they come loaded with advantages. Right from lowered costs to quality of material to engineering development and much more, it is the choice of the people. This is borne out by its many advantages listed below:
Advantages of steel homes
- Costs: The constantly rising prices of wood and the steady prices of steel have swung in favor of the latter. According to research, 90% of old growth forests have already been axed and the next round of forest wood would take about 20 years to grow and use. Steel, on the other hand, is in abundance, fully recyclable and at a steady price.
- Resistant to termites and borers: With steel, you can be rest assured that termites and borers won\’t eat into the frames. So, now steep bills for termite damage or high maintenance.
- Steel doesn\’t burn: Conventional timber might burn, but steel doesn\’t, so you and your home are safe. Further, since it is non-combustible, it does not cause smoke, so your house won\’t go up in flames.
- Lightweight but strong: Though lightweight, steel is basically a strong material. This means that it requires fewer studs to be used and makes it ideal for house framing uses. It is found to be the most durable, strongest and economical materials, and is therefore ideal for construction of homes.
- No twisting, shrinking or warping: Being inorganic, it is stable enough not to twist, shrink or warp. So, with steel, you won\’t experience jammed doors, stuck windows, cracked cornices or leaking roofs due to the movement of the frame.
- Compatible with all materials: Steel is compatible with all kinds of interior flooring and wall material such as fiber, cement, timber cladding, plasterboard and particle board flooring.
- Electrically safe: All steel frames need to be earthed independently. And since steel is a very good conductor, it dissipates less power in the structure as it is directed towards the earth.
- Environmental safety: Steel frames are 100% recyclable. This has the advantage of being used repeatedly without steel losing its strength or inherent properties. They are usually prefabricated, thereby leading to low wastage.
- Good building material: Steel is light, easy to carry and erect. Besides, if you use prefabricated steel frames, it could result in less problems in bad weather. You\’ll find that these frames do not shrink, warp or twist. And if you use pre-punched holes in steel wall frames, you have the advantage of installing electrical and plumbing services quickly and well.
- Remodeling easily possible: Since non-load bearing walls can be removed, relocated or altered without any problem, steel framing can be used for future remodeling.
And for the common man, the biggest advantage is that these frames can be erected by just two or three people in a day. Frames, appliances and cupboards and any such hanging objects can be erected quite easily using normal drills and fasteners found at any hardware store.